I went to my favorite produce store called Produce Junction and was able to stock up on a lot of great veggies! I decided I would make a fresh summer stir fry that is so delicious and healthy–plus I had everything I needed right in my pantry. Bonus. I did get a little carried away with taking photos of my veggies–but they were so beautiful I just had to share. Thanks to my mandolin, 90 second brown rice, and some precooked chicken I had in the fridge–dinner was ready from start to finish in less than 15 minutes.
I also thought that this recipe was a great recipe to introduce a free giveaway open to US residents to reward my readers! This kitchen scale is pretty awesome! Not to mention really handy in the kitchen too–for example you can make sure each burger is the same size or each bread loaf is the same weight for equal cooking time or to start really monitoring your portion sizes.
I was recently contacted by SlimKicker–a free healthy living app— that is a calorie tracker and interactive game based on your healthy choices. The purpose of the app is to turn your dietary habits and fitness goals into a level up game, where you earn points and rewards by tracking what you eat and completing challenges (an example challenge: giving up soda for a week or performing 20 squats a day). Once you achieve your goals and earn points from healthy eating, you are able to earn a reward you set for yourself. Each reward requires a certain number of points and thanks to the app, you’ll be reminded when to reward yourself. You are also able to connect with other people using the app to help motivate each other and join the same challenges. It’s an excellent way to motivate yourself and to keep track of your healthy choices.
So, what do you have to do win the giveaway?
All you need to do now is leave a comment on this post with your suggestion of a fitness/diet challenge. It should be 1-2 sentences & as creative and fun as you can come up with. SlimKicker will browse all the posts and pick their favorite idea and the winner after a week. Some of the recent challenges included:
- Giving up your favorite high calorie snack
- Adding an extra protein to your breakfast
- Sprinting once a week
Now on to the delicious recipe!
Necessary equipment: a mandolin (not exactly necessary, just makes your life a whole lot easier) & a wok
- Your favorite summer veggies: I used a zucchini, squash, red pepper, yellow pepper, red onion, handful of fresh peas, frozen corn, and garlic (I probably had about 5 cups of veggies)
- Low sodium soy sauce
- Chili garlic sauce or Sriracha
- 90 second brown rice
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Use your mandolin to slice all of your veggies and then cut into bite sized pieces (Don’t have a mandolin? Slice veggies to desired thickness)
- Preheat your wok with about 1 tbs of oil
- While wok is preheating, slice up your precooked chicken (Don’t have precooked chicken? Fully cook thinly sliced chicken in the wok with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, & cayenne pepper–to make slicing your chicken easier–throw it in the freezer a few minutes before slicing. It makes all the difference in the world)
- Add veggies (except peas and garlic) to wok with about 2-3 tbs of low sodium soy sauce
- Lightly sauté vegetables for about 2-3 minutes and add 1-2tsp of Chili garlic sauce or Sriracha (based on your heat preference)
- Continue to sauté vegetables and grate fresh garlic over wok, as well as add fresh peas
- Continue to sauté for about 5 minutes longer–allowing vegetables to maintain a little bit of a crunch
- Serve over 90 second brown rice (or your favorite) and garnish with sesame seeds
Hope you enjoy it! It’s a great meal to add to your weekly line up! Good luck with the giveaway!