We decided to break our new bar in right by having a Sangria night. It is actually a chest! It is on casters and is able to be displayed open or closed. I am so in love with it and think that it really adds a lot of character to our apartment. This recipe was inspired from when Matt and I used to frequent a restaurant called Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurant while we lived in Indianapolis. Our favorite part of their menu was the Peach Sangria. It is so delicious! What we love about it is that they dice the fruit into small pieces that get wine soaked and super flavorful. Not often do I actually eat the fruit that comes with Sangria but for this particular drink it really is the best part. We even tried hard to obtain the recipe from the bartender–but unfortunately they wouldn’t budge! This recreation is really great though and I am wicked happy with how it came out. Our neighbor, Jenny, usually doesn’t like Sangria but had a few glasses! So I think it’s safe to say this recipe is a success. I added Crystal Light Peach Iced Tea to the mix and it really helped bring out the sweetness of the peaches and add a lot of great flavor to the mixture. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 bottle Red Wine–we used a Malbec
- 1 cup Crystal Light Peach Flavored Ice tea
- 1/2 cup Seltzer water
- 1/4 cup Peach Liqueur
- 1-2 tbs. sugar depending on your desired sweetness
- 2 peaches, diced
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- In a pitcher, combine wine, tea, seltzer and sugar
- Stir well to incorporate sugar
- Add diced apple and peaches
- Chill 1 hour before serving (we couldn’t wait! so we used ice cubes) and enjoy!
Be careful! This recipe is so delicious that we actually finished off 2 bottles just the two of us. Talk about dangerously good. Enjoy!