I feel like every time I log onto Pinterest, I see a new recipe converting old faithfuls into individual muffin pan recipes (maybe I’ll start seeing my recipe too! if you all pin me:). Muffin pan meatloaves. Muffin pan breakfast sandwiches. I’ll tell you from seeing all of them, I felt a little inspired to see what else I could come up with. I often make individual cheesecakes in the muffin tin but I wanted to think a little further outside the box. I’ve made egg and potato breakfast tarts for years but was desiring something I had never seen done before. And then it hit me! Tacos! These little cuties exceeded my expectations! Not only did they taste fantastic but these little morsels are perfect for feeding a crowd.
I’m thinking that these will definitely make the rotation for football Sundays (Go Pats!) and any other big get togethers that occur this Fall. I really like to serve foods that are able to be picked up at get togethers because I feel like it really relaxes the mood of any dinner get together AND these could be served using napkins instead of plates–also a huge bonus when serving a crowd. I loved that I didn’t have to heat up the crunchy taco shells in the oven. For whatever reason I hate that step in making tacos. Plus another bonus was that it was essentially a one pan meal! All you have to do is cook the taco meat and then layer each individual cup. I know that your family will love them as much as we do. I used ground turkey and refried beans for the filling but this recipe is very versatile though. You could definitely use black beans instead or even add rice to the taco cups. This recipe is probably on the easiest to turn into a vegetarian friendly meal. I look forward to making them again in the near future.
Necessary equipment: muffin pan
- Wonton Wrappers
- 1 lb Ground meat–I used ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion diced–optional, I always add onion to my taco/ground meat filling
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Taco Seasoning– my homemade recipe located here
- Beans– I used refried beans
- Taco cheese
- Taco toppings: sour cream, salsa, lettuce etc.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sauté onion & garlic until slightly softened
- Add ground meat and taco seasoning and cook through
- While taco filling is cooking, generously spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Layer each muffin cup with one wanton wrapper
- Spoon a layer of ground meat and a layer of beans
- Top with another wanton wrapper and repeat layers
- Finish each taco cup with a sprinkling of cheese and bake until wrappers are crispy and beans are heated through–about 10 to 12 minutes
- Top with your favorite taco accompaniments and enjoy