Yay! It’s almost Christmas! It’s starting to really feel like the holidays as Matt and I geared up yesterday for the 10 hour jaunt across country from Philly to Indiana. I was a very spoiled passenger and was able to take a few naps and watch a few movies along the way. I used to hate car trips but thanks to technology it isn’t nearly as bad. We broke up our trip with some of our favorite high school jams and I impressed my husband with my endless knowledge of lyrics. It was a great trip and it feels great to be home for a few days between the madness of constant studying.
Anyhow, we were invited to our neighbors for dinner and I was asked to bring some dessert. Since preparing for finals was consuming all of my life and braincells, it had been a while since we had a proper grocery trip. Our fridge was pretty bare, but fortunately I had all of the common staples in my fridge and pantry. These peanut butter cookies are probably the easiest cookie recipe I have ever made. All you need is 5 ingredients and NO flour and you have a perfect, delicious cookie in less than 20 minutes from start to finish. I highly recommend that you add it to your cookie repertoire. No worries if you feel you are baking challenged, these are so simple that I know you’ll have great results. It’s a very easy starter dough and you can feel free to add chocolate chips or press Hershey kisses into the cookies.
Makes 26-30 cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add peanut butter, sugar, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1 tsp of vanilla, and egg to a large bowl
- Mix at medium speed until well incorporated
- Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto a lined baking sheet (parchment paper or slipmats work great)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes rotating pan 180 degrees half way through baking time
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about two minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooling rack