It has most certainly been awhile! You must be under the impression that I’ve been surviving on take out and peanut butter sandwiches! No worries…things haven’t been that bad. School is a bit busy (aka overwhelming), so it has been a lot of slow cooker meals for us. Who ever created the crock pot, I thank you. I appreciate the lack of mess every evening and the fact that dinner is taken care of each morning before I walk out the door. This particular crock pot creation was a home run. Simple and delicious, what can be better?
- 1 pork loin (whatever size feeds your family best, the one I cooked was about 1.5 pounds); allow it to take the chill from the refrigerator off while preparing the rest of the recipe
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large or 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/2 inch pieces (and whatever else may sound good in your refrigerator, diced potatoes would also be fantastic!)
- 1/4 cup apple cider or pineapple juice
- For the dry rub: 1/2 tsp. ancho chili powder, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. garlic salt, a pinch of cayenne or red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper Read the rest of this entry