I am so sorry about the long hiatus! I have been living in exam/quiz/practical world for the past few weeks. Busy life as a PA student! Fortunately I know that the day I become a certified PA and see my 1st patient the countless hours of studying will be worth it! I have been lucky to make some really great friends and am so fortunate to have a husband that supports me completely. He even has become a frequent dishwasher and laundry folder. I couldn’t ask for a better husband:)
Anyhow, a few weeks ago I promised a to die for Pasta Carbonara recipe and I’m finally going to deliver! This was the first time I used pancetta in place of bacon in my recipe and it was really delicious. If bacon is all you have on hand, you can’t go wrong! What is more comforting than a pasta dish with eggs, cheese, and bacon? mmm, it may be time for me to make it again!
- 1 lb pasta
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- 8 oz of finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbs of fresh parsley
- Lots of fresh cracked black pepper Read the rest of this entry
I made an awesome pasta carbonara dish the other night but haven’t had a chance to upload to photos to my computer. Have no fear though, I promise to have it posted in the near future. It is a to die for recipe! And is relatively low in calories compared to some carbonara recipes I’ve seen out there.
In the meantime, I figured since I had a few minutes this morning (before my all day study marathon begins), I would do a quick recap of my favorite recipes that have been created in the kitchen anatomy kitchen. I’ve nearly been doing this for three months and have definitely come up with a few recipes that will stay in my recipe repertoire for awhile. I hope you enjoy the recap and maybe I’ll be able to show you a recipe you didn’t realize I posted that sounds delicious for lunch or dinner today:)
- BLT Recipe Redo. Modern Twist. Divine Results.
- I am obsessed with this recipe! I think it was the day I became officially addicted to sun ripened tomatoes (so strange since I hate real tomatoes!). It is a fantastic spin on an old classic. The brown sugar bacon and addition of parmesan cheese to the sun ripened tomato mixture really turns an ordinary sandwich into something more gourmet. I think I know what I’m making for lunch today:)
- Heavenly Baked Pumpkin Doughnut Holes
- My favorite sweet treat breakfast recipe ever. These delectable morsels are sure to steal the show at any brunch get together. You’ll never miss a fried doughnut again after trying these!
- Individual Taco “Cups”
- I love this recipe because it is so easy to entertain with! I love food that promotes a casual dinner and the bonus is they are essentially a one pan meal. They can feed a crowd, are very little cleanup, and if your serving them as appetizers they don’t even require a plate, just a napkin.
- Chicken Pad Thai
- We are Thai food addicts. I was so happy that I finally dared to make this at home! It really does rival our favorite Thai food place.
- Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
- Gooey chocolate. Made almost completely in the microwave. Need I say more?
Hopefully you’ll enjoy a few of my favorite recipes over the past few months! Matt returns today, after being away on business all week, so I’m sure I’ll be cooking a lot this week! Keep an eye out for some new recipes!
Sorry about the hiatus! Transitioning back to a full time student after some time off definitely takes a lot of time and effort! I have been exhausted but fortunately I have been learning a lot! We have been cooking at home a lot though..so despite the fact that I haven’t had much free time to post recipes lately, there are a lot of recipes to share in the near future. I hope everyone is enjoying the transition from summer to fall (although the weather has been pretty strange around these parts, so it hasn’t really felt like autumn consistently yet). I know I am looking forward to going apple picking, drinking cider, and making apple cider doughnuts! I love the fall and finally breaking all my favorite pairs of boots out of the closet!
I think you’ll observe a new trend in my approach to cooking…most of my recipes lately have been ones that I can throw together in less than 30 minutes. Today’s recipe was using some of the things that I commonly keep in my refrigerator! Whole wheat tortillas, precooked chicken or rotisserie chicken, and homemade BBQ sauce. I also always have fresh cheddar and mozzarella on hand. I recently purchased the Hot Pepper mix from Potbelly Sandwiches which I added to my quesadilla creation. The result was so so so good. I am actually looking forward to eating them again in the near future!
I hope you enjoy some of the quick, healthy meals I’ve been preparing lately and that you try to incorporate the recipes into your busy schedule as well. I made these quesadillas directly on my panini press and they came out fabulous and were prepared in a snap.
- Precooked chicken
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Your favorite cheese: I used sharp cheddar
- Hot pepper mix (optional)
- BBQ sauce
Read the rest of this entry