We are gearing up to take a 9 hour jaunt across country tomorrow, so I thought that it was imperative to create some snacks that not only travel well but taste great too! My absolute favorite treat in the summer are S’mores. I like them the traditional way and absolutely love them with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups in place of the chocolate bar. If you haven’t tried this–it is an absolute must ASAP! It’s delicious…but definitely a treat to enjoy in moderation. Anyhow, today’s treat came about because as I was browsing our pantry I saw that we had some popcorn kernels. I had initial intentions to make Kettle Corn, but my husband being the big kid that he is when it comes to his cereal selection, had just purchased some Golden Grahams last night. From there I realized that we had chocolate chips in the fridge and marshmallows as well…my mind immediately began to wander to S’mores. This creation is so good and super easy to make. I look forward to making some other popcorn creations in the future.
- 1/2 cup Popcorn–I made Kettle Corn instead–using 3 tbs canola oil & 3 tbs granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
- Mini marshmallows or regular marshmallows cut up
- Golden Graham Cereal or broken up Graham Crackers
- If you own an air popcorn popper–add 3 tbs canola oil and 3 tbs granulated sugar to popper
- Add 1/2 cup popcorn and pop according to manufacturers instructions
- Pour popcorn onto parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with salt
- While popcorn cools, melt 1/2 cup of milk chocolate in the microwave
- Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn and allow to cool & set
- Add desired amount of marshmallows and golden grahams to popcorn
- Store in an airtight container
Enjoy! This will also make a great gift–if you can withhold from eating it all!